“Namaste. Welcome to incredible India, a paradise for tourists offering so much to see and do that it can fulfill anyone’s travel wish list. India’s diversity, cultural richness, mesmerizing historical sites, royal palaces, rich heritage of art, golden deserts, exotic beaches, snow-peaked mountains, colorful people and festivals all speak of the infinite possibility of India becoming your favorite tourist destination,” explains Wisconsin-based Dipti Broker, corporate travel sales agent at Travel Leaders/Goli’s Avenues of Travel and a native of India. Some of what she feels is most special about her homeland follows.
- Iconic Heritage Sites: Agra is home to the Taj Mahal, which has been listed as one of the Seven Wonders of the World. This UNESCO World Heritage Site, built by Emperor Shah Jahan as a memorial to his favorite wife, is one of the most beautiful marble mausoleums ever created and should be on every traveler’s wish list.
- Royal Palaces: Rajasthan is India’s most colorful and royal state. It is rich in culture, royal heritage, history, forts, palaces and wildlife safaris.
- Golden Beaches: Goa, referred to as the city of churches, is famous for its pristine beaches and happening nightlife, as well as Portuguese architecture that is more than 300 years old.
- Historic Monuments: Delhi is the capital of India and a lively city with a perfect blend of modernization and traditional architecture. It is a fabulous destination with bustling markets and great local eateries.
- Relaxing Backwaters: Kerala is famously known as “God’s Own Country” and is one of the top- notch tourist areas of India. It is immensely beautiful and very famous for its ecotourism and backwaters.
- Spiritual: Varanasi is a religious capital of India where both life and death come together. This holy city is situated on the banks of holy river Ganga and offers a mystifying experience.
- Lively Cosmopolitan City: Mumbai, or, as it’s also called, “The City of Dreams,” is a great place for shopping. You’ll also find everything from beaches to Bollywood there. One must visit the Gateway of India, one of the most iconic monuments, when in Mumbai.
- Exotic Carved Temples: Khajuraho is home to the Group of Monuments, another UNESCO World Heritage Site, with temples famous for their carvings and erotic sculptures.
While the touring options are limitless, here is just one of Dipti’s suggestions:
- Regal Rajasthan—12 Days, Visit Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Udaipur and Mumbai. Enjoy enchanting villages, vast cities, and wind-swept desert vistas. Experience the many personalities of India with an emphasis on art, culture and history. Join a camel safari and experience a ride aboard the painted elephants of Jaipur as you journey to the mountain fortress of Amber.
Whether you’re looking for culture, history, cuisine, shopping, safari or sun and sand, India has it all!
Ready to be amazed? Call or email Travel Leaders/Goli’s Avenues of Travel at (608) 784-9820 or EmailLse@TravelLeadersGo.com to get started.
2404 State Road, La Crosse
Ph: (608) 784-9820