Where can you travel and experience a journey on which all your senses will be teased every step of the way? Certainly no place better than ALASKA! Jo Ann Buening, Alaska destination specialist at Travel Leaders/Goli’s Avenues of Travel (and twelve-time Alaska visitor), provides a sampling of how your senses will be awakened when traveling to our beautiful 49th state—The Last Frontier.
• Glaciers cracking
• Icebergs sizzling
• Trains whistling
• Sea otters chatting with each other
• Whales clicking and whistling
• Moose emitting warning
sounds to stay clear
• Silence—perhaps the
• Beautiful wildflowers
• Iditarod dogs and puppies—
very important to the Alaskans
• An evergreen bow
• Glacier ice
• A sharp Ulu knife—now used for chopping herbs, once used to remove blubber from whales
• Berries—salmonberries, cloudberries, raspberries, lingonberries
• Salmon, halibut and crab
• Reindeer and moose meat
• Alaskan Amber beer
• Baked Alaska
• Flowers—who can resist?
• Evergreens—nature’s potpourri
• Campfires—the scent of natural wood
• The great outdoors—fresh!
• Beautiful mountains— the greatest being Mount Denali (“The Great One”)
• Wildlife—caribou, bear, Dall sheep, moose, ptarmigan,
• Flowers—forget-me-nots, fireweed, bluebells
• 24 hours of continuous daylight in the summertime
• Glaciers calving
• Ever-changing landscapes— tundra, mountains, lakes, rivers
• Salmon in the streams
• Shiny gold
Alaska is a wonderful destination to tease all your body’s senses … a place that, in square miles, is the largest of our United States. It’s a vast area to explore with so many options to experience. Allow yourself enough time to really tease your senses, whether in the mountainous interior of Alaska or the Inside Passage’s rainforest, as one is very different from the other.
Alaska is a place where Mother Nature can really shine; she begs for your return as she changes the landscape during every visit, which is just another reason why there are so many repeat visitors. Is Alaska on your “short list” of must-do destinations?
Ready for your next adventure? Call or email Travel Leaders/Goli’s Avenues of Travel at (608) 784-9820 or EmailLse@TravelLeadersGo.com to get started.
2404 State Road, La Crosse
Ph: (608) 784-9820